Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life Stress

Hey @Queenie. I've just read through this thread and am really feeling for you. So sorry to hear that things seem to be getting hard to manage. I can relate to how tricky compunding stress can be. Though it is great that you and your Mrs were not seriously injured yesterday, the accident and flow on effect of it could be really tough. I can imagine how much stress it might add.

Wish I had something helpful to offer in response, but I wanted you to know I am thinking of you.

😞

Since the accident, I've found it hard to settle properly. I'm in so much pain due to bruising. 

@Queenie

It's good to hear that you and the Mrs are ok. I know this sounds a little silly but a gentle rub on the bruised area can help if it doesn't hurt too much. Try Aloe Vera, it's a little bit cool but it's not messy and it helps with circulation because the gel makes it easier to rub the painful area. Make sure you and the Mrs see your doctor to ascertain if you both have any further injuries as they can come about over the next few weeks that pass by. Be patient as it takes time to heal from a motor vehicle accident, the body has gone into shock. I understand that your car would have sentimental value, it becomes a part of you. Hopefully things look up for you and the Mrs soon.

We have a large aloe vera plant growing in the garden, so I'll try that @jem80. Thanks for the tip! 🙂

Hi @Queenie, so sorry you were in an accident and now have to mend from bruising and the shock of it. @Faith-and-Hope recommended to me a long time ago an ointment from the chemist called 'Fisiocrem'. It is all natural ingredients and has good properties for bruise healing. I use it for other things too, like neck pain. Sending best wishes to you for fast healing. 

Get better soon we'll-wishes from me too @Queenie ..... 😘💕

I'll ask the chemist for some when I go there tomorrow to pick up my scripts @Mazarita and @Faith-and-Hope. Thanks for the tip! 🙂

so sorry you were in an accident @Queenie, sending you healing hugsHeartHeart

Thanks @Shaz51 Heart

They are still tossing up whether or not the car is a repairable write-off or not. Either way it looks like we're out of wheels for the time being.

A2Z
Senior Contributor

Hi @Queenie, you are brave. 

I actually have no words to properly express how grateful I am to have come across your post. Your statement 'I feel like I've just been professionally dumped by those who promised me...' this resonate with me. I find it extremely hard to trust the 'professionals' I was too naive to know the subtleties of how the systems work. I was hospitalised couple of times.

I think we all struggle with stress. The intensity of our expereinces are different. I thank you for sharing your 'Life stress'. This really helps me to reflect and re-organise me perceptions. 

I call my stressess 'Tests of life' just to give it a positive twist to help me cope with the stress I get due to anxieties. All thanks to God that I am alive and here.

I say temporarily in wonderland and we are foolish - to escape the foolishness we reflect. I hope you get to study. 

All the best 🙂

had to come back and edit. I just read the whole thread. I wish you all the best and a speedy, smooth recovery. I hope the nervous energy do not give you panics. I will keep you and in my prayer. Research suggests that if we pray it positively impacts on the well-being of the one who is prayed for. 

Take care everyone. Sending load of love to all 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance