Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

X

X

Zoe7
Community Guide

Re: Christmas Loungeroom

@Wanderer It is definitely a tough timeof year for those who are or feel alone - so feeling for you a lot Smiley Sad Like you said though - this could be an opportunity for you to get out and about and meet some new people ...not sure how you would do that but connecting with different groups wth a shared interest is a good start. Keep checking in here with us too so you feel a little less alone and maintain that connection - especially though this time of year but I think that is important at any time of year.

Gotta love the Seinfeld ref @Artvandalay

X

X

Lovely to catch up on this thread this morning and see it has reached so many people.  And that those who need it at this time of year are being supported.

@Zoe7 @TAB @Wanderer @Carlachris @oceangirl @BlueBay  @Shaz51 @Appleblossom  @Owlunar @greenpea @Mazarita @CheerBear @outlander @Exoplanet @Sophia1 @Faith-and-Hope @Maggie @Hope4me @Former-Member @Lise07  and too many others to tag.  So many people I've not met yet - welcome to the forums to everyone who's new.  I've been around for 4 years but don't get onto a lot of threads these days.

2 things came to mind reading here this morning - one is memories of watching the Sydney to Hobart yacht race (which bro and I still do every year)  with Dad on boxing day - one of the few days of the year when he was a pleasure to be around.  He's been gone now for nearly 20 years - the anniversary was this week.  So a time of poignant memories for all us kids (3).

The other is to note that summer solstice (shortest day of the year) is the 22nd of December this year, a time when lots of people celebrate the culmination of goals (and all the forms 'harvest' can take) for the last year and the inspiration to goals and plans and personal development for the next year.  It is said that this seasonal celebration goes back a lot further than Christianity.  I like to say I'm a bit of a pagan (simply meaning a person of the earth) and this is definitely a time that I celebrate each year.   

So whatever your beliefs or non-beliefs are,  this time of year is a time for many different rituals (like having a tree decorated or having a feast with others, candles in the window etc) and symbolism - following the evening star, the white dove of Peace (and mother Sophia) - these are just examples.   

Sending love and peace to all who read this.  I'll be lighting  a candle on the day, and probably have a fire in the evening weather permitting.

TAB
Senior Contributor

You’re sounding a bit down on yourself today @Wanderer ? .. and agree re groups and artists comment. Book clubs is another one.

Wow re yacht race @eth dont know if I could do that. I like reading about seafaring tho and have toyed with the idea of doing a coxswain course over the years. Also have told self am interested in learning to navigate well re maths , trigonometry etc.

@Faith-and-Hope .. seee you there.. hope your holiday is going well 😀

Just watching it on TV @TAB!  Dad could navigate by the stars.  I never learned but was always fascinated to hear him explain it.  You must be good with numbers!

Yasssss @Zoe7

giphy.gif

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance