Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Questions on reporting sexual assault

Thank you for the tag @MoonGal - yourself, @Former-Member and @The-red-centaur have some really helpful suggestions to cope with flashbacks and sexual assualt experiences, that is not easy to be dealing with at all @gymgirl240 especially with the lack of sleeping.

It is good you reported it and currently getting support from 1800RESPECT and a therapist, you also go to the gym for self care.

The other suggestion I have to to make your room a really safe place, so at night when you try going to sleep you feel calm and safe. This could be through smells; like candles (don't sleep with them lit up though), soft blankets, even nice music and salt lamps. Anything that helps you to feel more calm and comfortable and hopefully can help you to go to sleep. Something to think about anyway.

Has anything helped you to sleep in the past, or any other ditarctions you have found helpful? It is nice to meet you by the way 🙂

Lunar

@Lunarthank you and i have tried to have music playing and that kinda helps but its just my mind playing the incident over and over again 

I came face to face with my abuser today, he came to my home visiting another person. I can't get it out of my head. I want to **** him. I keep seeing the assault round and round in my head, I can't sleep. Why is this happening

That is so tough to deal with @The-red-centaur.

It is not surprising you are feeling this way - that is super distressing for you to go through - and to be having it go round and round in your head tonight - it is no wonder you can't sleep.

Talk here is you need to.

I'm also angry at the staff where I live, they know about the incident, they are either meant to deny him entry or tell me when he's there so I can lock myself in my room.
@Zoe7 I feel so lost. Flashbacks suck. I've been so unwell lately, I really don't need this. I want him dead or in jail or no where me ever again.

I haven't had the capacity to go to the police yet, I had planned to go today but other stuff got in the way and now I'm in a short term program for my mh. I just want this stuff to go away.

You have every right to be angry at the staff there @The-red-centaur - that is NOT acceptable - it puts you in a very difficult position and one that you should not be placed in Smiley Sad That seems to me like a distinct lack of duty of care and that needs to be addressed by management ASAP!

Flashbacks more than suck @The-red-centaur they aredebilitating at times - I get it Smiley Sad

You will go to the police when you are able to - don't stress about that tonight - tonight is about looking after yourself.  What can you do tonight to try to divert your attention from your thoughts?

I'm going to the police today.

Hello @The-red-centaur

That sounds good, certainly not easy to do though. We are here for you for extra support okay, good on you.

How are you feeling about doing that today?

Lunar

@Lunar I did it and it went OK. It brought up a lot of stuff so I called 1800 respect.

I'm proud of myself.

Well done @The-red-centaur you should be very proud, that is such a terribly hard thing to have had to do

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance